- Brainstorm and plan your essays or writing assignments
- Develop strong thesis statements
- Organize and structure your drafts
- Revise drafts with content and structural problems
- Inspect your writing for grammar and issues of mechanics
- Properly cite your papers using MLA, APA or Chicago-style formats
- Incorporate research
- Create and format personal resumes
- Craft cover letters
- Strengthen your skills in grammar, word processing and editing
The Writing Center Mission
The Livingstone College Writing Center guides students of all ability levels to the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need in order to write and research well as scholars, communicate clearly as citizens, and succeed as professionals.
With the help of our student tutors and staff, the Writing Center seeks to develop analytical, self-sufficient, and engaged writers. The center is an environment where students are warmly welcomed, their abilities are professionally assessed and their needs are individually addressed. We offer support in all disciplines and with Livingstone College’s Writing in the Content Areas initiative.