The mission of the Retention Center is to assist in the overall retention of our students.
Services we provide:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Retention Center which includes being the first point of contact for all students, faculty and guest by handling their questions/concerns/issues.
- Evaluate situations and refer visitors to proper department/staff.
- Key manager/user of the Retention Management Alert System, which includes the following:
- Determine what type of action needs to be taken for each Alert that is sent in by instructors and assign the Alerts to the appropriate person(s) (approximately 500 Alerts are received per month).
- Send reminders to Alert responders that don’t respond in a timely manner.
- Send an e-mail to each student that receives an Alert, instructing them to meet with their academic advisor and instructor ASAP.
- Determine if each Alert was resolved and close them in the system.
- Work with the Registrar to ensure that the information in the system is up-to-date (such as student contact information and advisor revisions).
- Train new employees to ensure that they are knowledgeable of the system.
- Track students’ class attendance and generate reports through the Matrix System
- Advise/mentor 20+ new freshmen by teaching them college skills and assisting them with the transition from high school to college.
- Create and modify reports, memos, letters and flyers utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, databases and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, BlackBoard, Jenzabar, Matrix, or other programs.
- Prepare and administer testing to learning community students.
- Administer testing to students with disabilities
- Compile data and prepare reports pertaining to retention
- Provide official class excuses to students due to illnesses, deaths in the family, or other issues that legitimately prevents them from attending class.
- Sign out laptops and projectors to faculty/staff members and students; maintain the inventory
- Supervise student staff and other support personnel as assigned.