2. Student must be enrolled at least half-time.
3. Student must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP.)
4. Student must not be in default on any Federal Loans or owe an overpayment on Federal
5. Student must be registered with selective service.
6. Student must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
7. Parent must be the student’s natural parent, adoptive parent or in some cases, stepparent.
Grandparents and legal guardians are not considered parents, as defined by the
Department of Education and are not eligible to apply for a PLUS loan.
8. Parent must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
9. Parent must have a credit check performed and approved by the US Department of
10. Parent must sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov. The MPN
allows the parent to receive additional funding (within eligibility) without signing another note, unless your previous loan was approved with an endorser or your son/daughter stopped attending school for one full year.
[box]Additional information about the Federal PLUS Loan program may be found at PLUS Loan Basics.[/box][h4]Your Student’s Financial Aid Information[/h4] We send most of our correspondence regarding students’ financial aid directly to students via email. If you want to stay informed and help your student manage his or her financial aid, there are a couple of things you should know: [h4]Requesting Information About Your Student[/h4] Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Livingstone College policy, the Office of Financial Aid is prohibited from releasing financial aid information to anyone other than registered students. We can discuss financial information with dependent students’ parents or custodial parents, if the parents have completed the authorization form.