2. Click “Sign In” located in the “Managing My Direct Loan” box. [info_box] The following information is needed to Sign In:
Social Security Number (Ex. 123-45-6789);
The First Two Letters of your Last Name (Ex. Al);
Your Date of Birth (Ex. 03/01/2010)
Your PIN Number that was used to sign the FAFSA (Ex. 7777).
3. Select Complete Entrance Counseling.”
4. There are Four (4) Steps to completing the Entrance Counseling Session.
[box] The 1st step is the “Counseling Type” section;
The 2nd step is the “Guidelines”;
The 3rd step is your “School Information”; and
The 4th step is the actual “Counseling Session/Quiz.”
5. After you have completed the Entrance Counseling Session, you will then need to submit your quiz. Upon submitting your quiz you will be directed to a page that states “Congratulations! You have successfully completed Entrance Counseling for Direct Loan Sub/Unsub/Perkins Loan Type.” This screen has your identifying information; you can either view and download your completed Counseling Verification Page, submit a Master Promissory Note or Print your Entrance Counseling Session. It is recommended that you print a copy for your record.
6. Your Entrance Counseling requirement have now been fulfilled.
NOTE: YOUR LOAN WILL NOT BE CREDITED TO YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU HAVE (1) A COMPLETED ENTRANCE COUNSELING SESSION, (2) SIGNED YOUR MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE ONLINE (AND (4) HAVE BEEN ENROLLED AT THE COLLEGE FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS FROM THE 1ST DAY OF CLASS.